£500 bonus for recommending a friend to us if they go on to be successfully employed!
Support Worker - Permanent, 37.5 hours
£10.56 per hour
This is a challenging and demanding role that requires you to draw on your compassion, resilience and a non-judgemental attitude. You will need a sound understanding of risk management and the ability to maintain appropriate structures and boundaries.
You will be supporting four adults with learning disability and autism to continue to live the happy and fulfilled lives we all deserve!
We can assure you that no two days will be the same in this role, as the people we support love to be out and about and having fun! They love swimming (Hydrotherapy- private session), Art therapy, massages, spending time with their family, meals out and going on holidays.
When at home, they require support with their meal preparation, mobility, personal care and household tasks such as cooking, cleaning and laundry.
We are looking for her support workers to have the following qualities;
- Proactive, positive and trustworthy professional
- Energetic, self-starter and a good communicator
- Have had previous experience of working with people with learning disabilities and/or behaviours of distress
- Strong-minded, confident, resilient, strong-willed
- Emotional intelligence
Shifts can be relatively flexible and will include a variety of earlies, lates, long days, split shifts, waking nights and weekend work. We have permanent full-time and part-time contracts available, as well as flexible relief work.
Benefits of working for Dimensions:
- We offer genuine career development opportunities
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays), rising to 35 days
- Pensions, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contributions.
- A generous sick pay scheme
- £500 bonus for introducing a friend to us, if we employ them.
- 50% contribution to the cost of learning to drive, subject to certain criteria
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment.