Support Worker - Hatfield
£10.00 per hour
Part-time positions available (7.5- 30 hours per week available)
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to hold a full UK/EU driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Want to make a difference in your local community?
We are supporting a fantastic young man in his 20's in Hatfield. He is very active and enjoys swimming, sailing, bike riding, long walks and theme parks with a thrill for the scary rides. He likes to travel (usually abroad) every year, loves computer games and action hero movies and enjoys fun fairs and music festivals.
You will be supporting his needs to help him develop the skills to be independent. You will prompt with personal care and be active in assisting with his household tasks.
Whilst this service is 1:1 support, be prepared to work flexibly as you will be part of a wider support team. This could include working some weekends, waking nights/sleep ins and bank holidays.
Shift patterns can vary from 7am/-2pm/ 8am-3pm/ 3pm-10pm/ long days/sleep ins. This will be discussed with you during the interview process.
Why join us?
- 30 days annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays) and if that wasn’t enough we increase it by a day a year
- All work and no play is not fun, You can save with discounts off your favourite shops, restaurants and great days out
- Planning a break? Make loads of great savings on some top destinations with our travel deals
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Long Service Awards, Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
- Great Induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Dimensions is proud to be one of the very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2021.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.