37.5 per week, full time
£10.56 per hour
Somewhere in your community there’s a job that you can do to help others.
If you like working with people, Support Work offers a worthwhile job that can turn into a rewarding, long-term career.
In Waterbeach, we are supporting three gentleman who have lived together for some time. The gentlemen have varying learning and physical needs and they want to employ staff who are enthusiastic about promoting quality support and independence. They enjoy a peaceful life , meaningful activities close to Waterbeach or at home. Some of their activities include horse riding , swimming , sensory art , sensory cooking and visiting local restaurants and cafes.
Manual handling and personal care is also involved.
Be prepared to work flexibly. This could include working some weekends, waking nights or sleepins if required and bank holidays. This will be discussed with you during the interview process and you will be matched to people we support in line with hours and patterns of shifts you are able to work.
Full UK driving licence essential - Are you a non driver but still looking for a Support Worker role? Please get in touch as we have various other positions in Cambridgeshire.
Dimensions are a not-for-profit enterprise committed to developing and rewarding our colleagues. So, if you are right for this role, we will offer:
- 30 days annual leave pro-rata (including bank holidays) and if that wasn’t enough we increase it by a day a year
- All work and no play is not fun, You can save with discounts off your favourite shops, restaurants and great days out
- Getting to work is an expensive business, save 50% towards the cost of learning to drive (30 driving lessons, one theory and one practical test included). Once you’re on the road, you can enjoy our 10% discount at Halfords perk!
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members.
- Long Service Awards, Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
- Great Induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care.
- Dimensions is proud to be one of the very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2021.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.?