Support Worker, Chandlers Ford
Full time, part time and relief
£9.60 per hour
Who will you be supporting?
Dimensions is supporting individuals across three dwellings. In one dwelling we have a female-only service supporting a group of ladies who have a variety of needs including epilepsy, moving and handling, some behaviours that distress, medication administration and personal care. Dimensions is also supporting two gentleman and two females across two dwellings that share a beautiful large garden.
The people we are supporting have a variety of needs and will all require support with personal care, moving and handling (including wheelchair use) and encouragement to stay active and eat healthy meals. They all love seeing their families, going out and about in the community and they have a variety of interests including visiting the zoo, going on holiday, walking, visiting day centres and gardens.
Dimensions is one of the country’s largest not-for-profit organisations supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, behaviours of distress and complex needs and we are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to be one of very few social care organisations that is accredited by the Great Places To Work programme.
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled
- 30 days annual leave entitlement, pro-rata, (including bank holidays), rising to a maximum of 35 days.
- Pension scheme, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contribution.
- Discounts and cashback on the high street and online shopping through Rewarding Dimensions.
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 helpline for advice and support, also available to partners and immediate family.
- Recognition and financial bonus every five years through our Long Service Awards.
- Opportunity to purchase Simply Health, a discounted health and dental cover scheme.
- Death in service payment for a nominated beneficiary under Life Assurance.
- Bike to work scheme and season ticket loans.
- £500 recommend a friend scheme
- 50% contribution to the cost of learning to drive, subject to meeting operational and staffing criteria.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.