We're recruiting new Waking Night Support Workers!
Pay rate: £9.60 per hour
Part time- 20 hours every other weekend ( 9pm to 7am)
Based Ipswich, Suffolk
Are you wanting a career where you're making a positive difference in someone's life? Do you believe in everyone’s right to live the life they wish? If so, come and join us. Make a difference and support local people.
We’re looking for warm and friendly Support Workers with some experience, to join our waking nights team in the Ipswich area supporting one young man. This is a supported living service supporting three gentleman but only one male needs support throughout the night.
The role will involve:
- You will be required to check on one gentleman with a diagnosis of epilsey throughout the night to ensure his is comfortable
- Provide personal care assistance
- Conduct housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Encouraging healthly sleep routines
- Update support plans, incident log and health and safety checks, using IT systems as required.
This is a great opportunity to join a supportive team and an organisation that really cares about your professional development.
Experience with epilepsy would be an advantage for your application, however we do provide a full in-house training programme.
Dimensions is a leading social care provider in England and Wales, supporting people with learning disabilities and autism.
At Dimensions, we are proud to be one of very few social care organisations that have been recognised by the Great Places to Work programme in 2019, 2020 & 2021. As well as a comprehensive induction, full training and continued support from management, our colleagues have access to:
- 30 days annual leave
- Paid training
- A comprehensive well-being strategy and staff listening network
- Discounts and cash back on shopping worth £500 a year
- Childcare vouchers
- £200 bonus for recommending a friend to us if they go on to be successfully employed
- Discounts on meals, health clubs, and car, home and travel insurance
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment.