Senior Support Worker / Team Leader*
*internally this role is known as Assistant Locality Manager
Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
£27,251.88 per year
Our team is growing!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and values-driven person who is passionate about person-centred care, to join our brand new services in Trafford as the Assistant Locality Manager.
This role is ideal for people who want to grow professionally and take on more responsibility whilst still being able to provide the direct support that’s so incredibly rewarding - it's the best of both worlds!
Three days of the week you will be providing logistical support to the Locality Manager, to include administration tasks and use of our systems. The other two days of the week you will be providing exceptional hands-on support to the people we support in our brand-new locality.
This is your opportunity to lead by example, progress your career and deliver outstanding support.
The total annual pay for the role is currently £27,251.88 made up of a basic salary of £24,774.44 plus an additional 10% annual allowance for 22.5 off rota hours of £2477.44..
For further information on the role, please call May on 07507 127 840.
About the role
- Supporting the Locality Manager to guide, motivate and encourage your team to provide a quality service in line with our values, policies and practices
- Working with relatives and outside agencies - including health professionals, social workers and advocates - to meet the needs of the people we support
- Establishing and monitoring service budgets
- Managing person-centred rota's and the recruitment of new team members
- Leading by example and being a positive role model for your team
- Delivering direct support, dividing your time between supporting people and working in the office
- Experience of working with people with a wide range of needs including autism and complex learning disabilities
- The ability to prioritise workload, manage your own time, delegate tasks and meet deadlines
- Up-to-date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support provision
- The personality to develop positive working relationships across Dimensions
- The willingness to work towards a Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care/Leadership and Management for Care Services
Why choose Dimensions?
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
If you're ready to take the next step in your career, don't delay, apply today!
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions
- We welcome applications from people from Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority backgrounds
- As Disability Confident Leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications