Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are accredited by the Great Places To Work programme.
The role of the Senior Learning and Development Manager is to support the delivery of our Better Lives for More People strategy, by leading the team focused on the design and development of targeted learning programmes, resources and initiatives.
The post holder will work in partnership with a range of stakeholders to understand business needs and issues. Using this knowledge, they will steer and project manage the development of a targeted learning and development response.
They will be responsible for driving the delivery of learning programmes and initiatives to meet agreed quality standards and deadlines, drawing on the range of specialist Leads in their team, and working with others in the wider L&D team and beyond to do so.
The specialist Leads reporting to this post-holder lead on management development, induction, learning design, digital learning and mentoring/alumni programmes.
The delivery of targeted programmes and resources to meet identified needs will support the principles of our Target Operating Model and aim to equip colleagues across the Group with the knowledge, skills and behaviours to perform effectively.
They will also support the ongoing professional and career development of the Leads in the Learning Programmes and Resources part of the team.
About the role
Your main duties will include:
- Work with a range of stakeholders to identify performance, knowledge, skills and other gaps for which a targeted and timely learning and development response would be suitable in addressing.
- Provide clear direction and project and programme management support to the team of Leads in their team, explicitly clarifying priorities and providing professional guidance on achieving the target outcomes.
- Clearly coordinate the various strands of work led by the specialist Leads in the Programmes and Resources part of the team, obtaining clarity on priorities and managing clear expectations with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain effective partnership working across the Group to enable and facilitate a co-production approach to developing effective learning and development programmes and resources.
The successful applicant will have:
- CIPD or equivalent professional learning and development qualification at Level 5
- Recent management level experience of learning and development including line management of other L&D professionals at trainer or Lead level
- Possess project management – experienced at designing and delivering learning design projects to agreed timescales
- Able to clearly demonstrate the ability to write management reports and papers for senior stakeholders
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visit www.dimensions-uk.org/careers
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.