Start your day knowing you will make a difference - we are looking for Female Support Workers to join our team in Crawley and create a positive difference that improves life for the people we support.
We are looking for Female Support Workers in Crawley for various shifts on a full time basis, covering earlies, lates and alternate weekends on a rota. We offer fantastic benefits, training and a great team environment and we are looking for people who share our values and can support someone to have the life they want to live. Dimensions are one of the country’s largest not-for-profit organisations supporting people with learning difficulties and autism. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do.
Dimensions are looking for proactive, big characters to join the team! If you are enthusiastic, fun loving and passionate about helping people live more independently then we can provide you the training required to have a fulfilling career in support work. We are supporting ladies and gentlemen with autism and learning difficulties in Crawley all of whom require personal care and use wheelchairs. Candidates must be comfortable with being physically active in this role as manual handling is a key part of the daily life of the people we support. You'll need to push wheelchairs for long periods as the people we support love to get outside on a daily basis, use specially tailored equipment around the home including movable beds and assist with repositioning.
We are looking for candidates who can support with all aspects of daily life, especially cooking, along with people who are confident with paperwork logging and an awareness of computer systems. Candidates must be comfortable with lone working as you will be working one on one with someone in a supported living accommodation.
Candidates must hold a full UK drivers licence as there is an adapted service vehicle that you will be expected to drive.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
For more information about the service and people we support, please contact Alison on 07903 549944 or please click apply at the bottom to submit a short application.
Why to work for Dimensions?
- We are passionate about investing in your training and career development. Our training covers essential skills and knowledge to provide support in line with the Care Certificate. Alongside our excellent training & qualifications programme, we also offer:
- Work in one location that helps you to build meaningful working relationships
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Access to award winning Aspire career development programme
- Recommend a friend reward of £500
- Up to 35 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
- A full list of rewards can be found on the job description attached.
Want to apply for this role?
- If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please click on the button below to complete the application process. Please note that we will try to review and shortlist all applications as we receive them and respond as quickly as possible.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.