Support Worker -Permanent - 37.5 hours per week
£9.60 per hour
Here at Dimensions, we are looking for Support Workers to join us in Ipswich. Working at our Supported Living Service, you will enhance the quality of life of the three gentleman who live there by empowering their independence.
Dimensions support workers do not need prior experience in Health or Social Care as full training is given.
Both full and part time roles are currently available
Benefits for support workers working with Dimensions include:
- A competitive payrate of £9.60 per hour
- 30 days paid Annual Leave (including public holidays – pro rata)
- Opportunities for career progression
- High Street Discounts – Retail and Entertainment (supermarkets, hospitality, pubs, cinema etc.)
- Life Assurance and Company Pension
- Industry leading training
- Enhanced DBS paid for by us
As a Support Worker no two days are the same as we encourage the people we support, to live the most independent life they can and help them make informed choices.
Activities support workers may be involved with include:
- Going to the cinema
- Listening and enjoying music
- Walking and other forms of exercise
- Going to trampoline centres
- Enabling independence by assisting with day-to-day tasks (this may include – but not be limited to – finances, shopping, cooking & personal care)
This is a large service with a big support worker team, you will not be lone working in their home. Shifts always have 3-4 support workers on rota and management participation.
Dimensions is a values-based employer, when looking for candidates:
- We do not need you to have prior experience as full training is given
- We want you to be happy to work within our values of ambition, courage, integrity, partnership and respect
- We know that you make a real difference to the lives of the people we support and their loved ones.
When you care, every day makes a difference.
Full UK driving licence essential
If you have any further questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Rosie on 0300 303 9150
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.