We are recruiting for full time Support Workers/Care Assistants in Southampton.
£500 Refer a Friend Scheme
No experience necessary - Must have right to work in the UK to be considered for this role
Dimensions is one of the country’s largest not-for-profit organisation supporting people with learning difficulties, autism, challenging behaviour and complex needs and we are driven by our values. People with learning disabilities and their families are at the heart of everything we do.
Whether you have experience of working for NHS, Mental Health or Schools, this could be the job for you.
About the role
A typical role will involve;
- Helping people learn the skills they need to live the life they choose.
- Personal care.
- Support with shopping, housework including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting with medication.
- Supporting and encouraging people to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure, and enable them to take part in these opportunities.
Shift pattern vary weekly depending on the people we support - 7:30am - 3pm / 2:30 - 9/10pm and every other weekend / Sleep Ins.
For further information, please contact Anne-Marie on 07887865675.
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attached, some of which are listed below:
- 30 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays), rising to 35 days.
- Pensions, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contributions.
- The opportunity of flexible working.
- Discounts and cashback on shopping through Rewarding Dimensions, worth £500 a year.
- An occupational sick pay scheme.
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline for advice – also available to family members.
- 50% contribution to the cost of learning to drive, our bike to work scheme, season ticket loans, and more.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees.
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.