Start your day knowing you’ll make a difference - we are looking for females to join our team of Support Workers in Fareham and create a positive difference that improves life for the people we support.
Dimensions is a leading social care provider in England and Wales, supporting people with learning disabilities and autism
This is an exciting opportunity to supporting females as they move in to a lovely shared home in Fareham. They have varied interests and like all sorts of different activities. Their support needs vary and including learning disabilities, positive behaviour support and epilepsy. There will be some manual handling involved as some of the people you will be supporting use wheelchairs. They will also require support with personal care, mealtimes and all aspects of everyday life. You will be supporting them to develop their own skills, confidence and promoting independence.
The shifts will be mixture of early, middle and late shifts built around the needs, preferences and activities of the people we support. There will also be support required at night as a sleep in and or a wake night.
"Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010."
Applications will be shortlisted on receipt and interviews will be held until the posts are filled
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are accredited by the Great Places To Work programme.
- 30 days annual leave entitlement, pro-rata, (including bank holidays), rising to a maximum of 35 days.
- Pension scheme, including a money purchase scheme with employee and employer contribution.
- Discounts and cashback on the high street and online shopping through Rewarding Dimensions.
- Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme with a 24/7 helpline for advice and support, also available to partners and immediate family.
- Recognition and financial bonus every five years through our Long Service Awards.
- Opportunity to purchase Simply Health, a discounted health and dental cover scheme.
- Death in service payment for a nominated beneficiary under Life Assurance.
- Bike to work scheme and season ticket loans.
- £500 recommend a friend scheme
- 50% contribution to the cost of learning to drive, subject to meeting operational and staffing criteria.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on 03003039150.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.