Following painstaking external assessment, Dimensions has again been recognised as a “Disability Confident Leader” – the top tier of award under the Disability Confident scheme
Read Sarah, Louis and Bruno’s stories for examples of what working at Dimensions as a disabled person feels like in practice.
Amongst much else, the external assessor commented:
- The policies in BSL are a brilliant example of best practice – this is the first organisation I have seen doing this!
- Really great to see that if a disabled applicant was facing barriers completing an online application, they can visit the office where colleagues will support them to make an application! This is a great example of offering flexibility and accepting applications in an alternative format.
- Excellent work is being done here! Great to see you adopt a flexible and inclusive approach to recruiting disabled people.
- Great to see! Work trials can be an effective adjustment for people with learning disabilities and or autism where the traditional interview may pose barriers.
- Great work – lots of great videos and case studies on your website regarding the people supported by Dimensions
- Great to see that you allow employees to take Disability Leave and that this is backed up in your Leave Policy.
Disability Confident was previously known as ‘Two Ticks – Positive about Disabled People.’