Do you have experience working with people with a wide range of needs? Do you have the commitment and potential to take the first step on the management ladder, with one of the UK’s largest not-for-profit providers?
Our services are growing, and we have three fantastic opportunities for ambitious, compassionate, and values-driven people to join us as Assistant Locality Managers, where you will be providing day to day support to your Locality Manager, and exceptional hands-on care to the people we support in our services. Two of the positions support the Hampshire area and one of the positions covers the Fareham area. For the latter position you will need to be able to drive.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take the next step in your career, gaining expertise and experience both within the office and in our services.
About the role
This is your opportunity to build your skills and expertise:
- Supporting the Locality Manager to guide, motivate and encourage your team to provide a quality service in line with our values, policies and practices.
- Working with relatives and outside agencies - including health professionals, social workers and advocates - to meet the needs of the people we support.
- Establishing and monitoring service budgets.
- Managing person-centred rota's and the recruitment of new team members.
- Leading by example and being a positive role model for your team.
- Delivering direct support, dividing your time between supporting people and working in the office.
You already have proven professional qualities, including:
- Experience of working with people with a wide range of needs - for example, autism and complex learning disabilities
- Experience supporting people who display behaviours that others may find challenging
- The ability to prioritise workload, manage your own time, delegate tasks and meet deadlines.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support provision.
- The personality to develop positive working relationships across Dimensions – including the people we support, their families, internal colleagues and external agencies.
- The willingness to work towards a Diploma Level 3 in Health and Social Care/Leadership and Management for Care Services.
Dimensions has a 20-year track record of offering excellent training and progression to ambitious, hardworking care professionals who want to build a progressive career making a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable people.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer ongoing development opportunities and the strongest possible prospects, plus a range of great benefits including:
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
For more information visitwww.dimensions-uk.org/careers
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places to Work programme 2020.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Leanne on 07393 236 396.
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from people from Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority backgrounds.
- As Disability Confident Leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
In response to the unprecedented events we are currently experiencing due to the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, at this time we will be conducting our interviews via video calls.